Article written by Eshwer Kale published in the Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) (Vol. 52, Issue No. 3 dated 21 Jan, 2017)
Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) is a not-for-profit NGO founded in 1993, operating currently in 7 states of India. WOTR’s focus is on Ecosystems and People Centric participatory interventions to address land degradation, water scarcity, rural poverty and food security. Today WOTR’s attention is on climate change adaptation and resilience building in the drylands of India.
WOTR has historically applied a systems-based approach to watershed development. With Applied Research as a constant companion, WOTR continually rethinks conventional development and has introduced Systems Thinking and Complexity Analysis in the programme design leading to formulation of new tools and frameworks while adapting the existing ones. This has helped WOTR shift to Framework-Based Management.
WOTR develops pedagogies, strategies and tools, moving from activity based project design to Framework Based Management, always for large scale adaptation. WOTR is a learning organization where research and reflective studies feedback into application and policy. Its outreach strategy helps the lessons learnt reach out to a wide range of stakeholders - rural communities, implementing agencies and planners and policy makers, at the local, state, national and international levels.
WOTR is looking for Agriculture Researcher for its office based inAhmednagar
· Conduct ground level research including interactions with farmers, government officials and other stakeholders.
· Support the research work by involvement in all aspects of the project including desk review, field data collection (quantitative and qualitative), and data analysis.
· Produce reports and research papers based on analysis and research
· Involvement in writing project proposals, coordinate and follow up with stakeholders etc.
· Conduct training and capacity building events.
· PhD in Agriculture with specialization in Agronomy Experience preferably in action research projects.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with various teams situated at different locations.
· Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience.
Interested candidates whose profiles match the above requirements may send their CVs along with 2 references by email to email@example.com