Article written by Eshwer Kale published in the Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) (Vol. 52, Issue No. 3 dated 21 Jan, 2017)
WOTR's Centre for Resilience Studies (W-CReS) invites application for the post of a Lead Researcher for its unit in Pune (Maharashtra)
Education qualifications & Experience:
- PhD in any of the following fields: Geography, Sociology, Economics, Anthropology, Environmental
- Studies, Natural resource management, Development Studies, or other relevant fields.
- M.Sc. plus five years of relevant experience can substitute for the PhD or a Post-graduate experience of at least 5-6 years (for Ph.D.) and 8 years (for M.Sc. graduates) in research in relevant subject.
- Should be experienced in conducting qualitative and quantitative research. Knowledge of analytical software (e.g. SPSS, NVivo, MS Office etc.). Proficient in English, Hindi & Marathi with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Research lead is responsible for providing research leadership in the respective subject, which normally includes:
- Promote and facilitate leading-edge research, including collaborative and interdisciplinary research, in areas related to the goals of the Organization.
- Refine, develop and promote management’s research strategy.
- Develop networks between the research Centre and researchers in the field in the public and private sectors, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Wherever applicable, developing mutually beneficial linkages with other organizations to develop partnerships and collaborative research.
- Effectively manage the research plan and ensure that accepted standards of research and ethical behavior are met.
- To help build and maintain WOTR’s reputation as a research institution. Develop and advise on research design and methodology.
- Guide a team of researchers, work closely with the management team and knowledge product development groups, in order to develop and strengthen the organization’s scientific and innovative position.
Communications and Networking:
- Represent the organization at WOTR’s own and external events.
- Produce a wide range of written outputs including high‐quality well targeted research policy briefs, papers and other outputs.
- Publish research outputs in reputed peer reviewed journals; generate quality research reports, research briefs and policy briefs.
- Transfer knowledge to society through outreach (e.g. collaborative research, seminars, workshops, lectures, websites, publications) and, where applicable, through technology transfer (e.g. collaborative research; contract work; and commercialization of intellectual property).
- Manage staff and associates working on research projects.
- Update the management through‐out the delivery of projects, including formal reporting.
- Develop, deliver and assist the organization’s high‐profile scientific communication tasks.
Salary: Negotiable with experience, qualification and publications.
Interested candidates whose profiles match the above requirements may send their CVs along with 2 references by email to email@example.com