Menstruation is a subject that has culturally been considered a taboo and is entrenched with misconceptions and disregard, with little cognizance of the hazards of inadequate menstrual protection. The Project will highlight how the subject of feminine hygiene is grossly neglected at all levels.
WOTR's Centre for Resilience Studies (W-CReS) invites application for the post of a Lead Researcher for its unit in Pune (Maharashtra)
Education qualifications & Experience:
- PhD in any of the following fields: Geography, Sociology, Economics, Anthropology, Environmental
- Studies, Natural resource management, Development Studies, or other relevant fields.
- M.Sc. plus five years of relevant experience can substitute for the PhD or a Post-graduate experience of at least 5-6 years (for Ph.D.) and 8 years (for M.Sc. graduates) in research in relevant subject.
- Should be experienced in conducting qualitative and quantitative research. Knowledge of analytical software (e.g. SPSS, NVivo, MS Office etc.). Proficient in English, Hindi & Marathi with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Research lead is responsible for providing research leadership in the respective subject, which normally includes:
- Promote and facilitate leading-edge research, including collaborative and interdisciplinary research, in areas related to the goals of the Organization.
- Refine, develop and promote management’s research strategy.
- Develop networks between the research Centre and researchers in the field in the public and private sectors, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Wherever applicable, developing mutually beneficial linkages with other organizations to develop partnerships and collaborative research.
- Effectively manage the research plan and ensure that accepted standards of research and ethical behavior are met.
- To help build and maintain WOTR’s reputation as a research institution. Develop and advise on research design and methodology.
- Guide a team of researchers, work closely with the management team and knowledge product development groups, in order to develop and strengthen the organization’s scientific and innovative position.
Communications and Networking:
- Represent the organization at WOTR’s own and external events.
- Produce a wide range of written outputs including high‐quality well targeted research policy briefs, papers and other outputs.
- Publish research outputs in reputed peer reviewed journals; generate quality research reports, research briefs and policy briefs.
- Transfer knowledge to society through outreach (e.g. collaborative research, seminars, workshops, lectures, websites, publications) and, where applicable, through technology transfer (e.g. collaborative research; contract work; and commercialization of intellectual property).
- Manage staff and associates working on research projects.
- Update the management through‐out the delivery of projects, including formal reporting.
- Develop, deliver and assist the organization’s high‐profile scientific communication tasks.
Salary: Negotiable with experience, qualification and publications.
Interested candidates whose profiles match the above requirements may send their CVs along with 2 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org