Article written by Eshwer Kale published in the Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) (Vol. 52, Issue No. 3 dated 21 Jan, 2017)
WOTR's Centre for Resilience Studies (W-CReS) invites application for the post of a Researcher (mid-level) for its unit in Pune (Maharashtra)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake research on natural resource management and natural resource based livelihoods in the context of climate change.
- Publish research outputs in reputed peer reviewed journals; generate quality research reports, research briefs and policy briefs.
- Design and conduct research including but not limited to: field experiments, scoping reports, systematic reviews and other synthesis products, database development, concept and methods papers and impact evaluations.
- Involvement in writing project proposals, coordinate and follow up with stakeholders etc.
- Conduct training and capacity building events.
- PhD or Master’s degree in economics or social science or behavioral science
- Strong quantitative & qualitative analysis skills and proficiency in statistical modeling.
- Knowledge and practice in key data analysis software’s – STATA, R, and SPSS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well with multidisciplinary team.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in research sector.
- Proficiency in analyses of decision-making, behavioral and experimental game theory & field experiments in economics.
- Good knowledge of natural resources management/environmental economics and tools
Salary: Negotiable with experience, qualification and publications.
Interested candidates whose profiles match the above requirements may send their CVs along with 2 references by email to email@example.com