This research article is based on action research done in Akole block of Ahmednagar district. It aims at promoting production of cereals, pulses, seasonal vegetables, fruits, milk and meat to meet the balanced nutritional needs of the people through local specific crop planning. The whole process involved in the study was monitored through using GIS RS tool.
Position: Team Leader
Job category: Full Time
Period of Assignment: June 2018
About the Organisation:
Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) is an NGO founded in 1993, operating currently in 7 states of India. WOTR’s focus is on ecosystems-based natural resources management through community-led, participatory interventions which address issues of land degradation, water scarcity, rural poverty, food security and sustainable livelihoods. WOTR is also strongly engaged in climate change adaptation and resilience building of rural communities through integrated on-the-ground programmatic actions, knowledge generation, capacity building and policy dialogue. For more information, do visit us at www.wotr.org
WOTR is looking for the position of Team Leader for Project titled “Sustainable Livelihoods and Adaptation to Climate Change (SLACC)”. WOTR is working as a Lead Technical Support Agency for the said project and working in direct collaboration with Ministry or Rural Development/ National Rural Livelihood Promotion Society, as well as with BRLPS in Bihar and MPRAF in Madhya Pradesh.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
1. PhD or Master’s Degree in Agriculture Science, Rural Management, Forest Management, Natural Resources Management or a related field.
2. 10/ 15 years of experience in rural development, with at least 5 years in managing large scale projects/programs on natural resource management, climate adaptation, community planning, etc.
3. Knowledge and application of climate change adaptation weather and crop advisory technologies and solutions in the agriculture sector is essential.
4. Excellent results focus, team collaboration skills and ability to lead a technical team at the Center and states.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well with multidisciplinary team.
- Should have good experience to work in direct collaboration with the Govt. department and agencies.
7. Application Procedure:
Interested candidates whose profiles match the above requirements may send their CVs along with 2 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th June 2017
Please mention the Position applied for in the subject line of the email.
The selected candidate has to join immediately.