The article written by Eshwer Kale and Marcella D’Souza was published in the compendium ‘Water Conservation and Saving in Agriculture: Initiatives, Achievements and Challenges in Maharashtra’ by Water Resources Department (WRD) Government of Maharashtra.
Applications are invited for the post of an ‘Account Officer’ for Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR).
Position : Accounts Officer
Job Location : Ahmednagar
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Accounts Officer is expected to review, compile and consolidate accounts prepared by various projects/cost centres into a single set of accounts, ensure that all accounts are transparent, honest, accurate, and maintained in accordance with WOTR’s accounting systems. She/He should provide timely feedback and guidance to projects to help them improve and complete their accounting on time.
• Maintain and update the books of accounts by manual and computerized recording of all cash and bank transactions
• Maintain Bank Book
• Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement, identify and explain differences between balance as per books and bank statements
• Prepare monthly statement showing status of all outstanding advances and follow-up with employees/parties concerned to ensure that advances are settled in time.
• Maintain all financial documents (bills and vouchers, bank reconciliation statement, bank statement, monthly and quarterly project financial reports, salary sheets) in an orderly fashion & present for verification when required
• Make payments to service providers such as vehicle providers, air and rail booking agents in accordance with approvals
• Maintain petty cash including petty cash register and supporting documents
• Prepare monthly salary sheets based on approved consolidated time sheets; prepare cheques and bank transfer documents for review and approval
• Provide timely tax guidance to employees, obtain timely information to ensure appropriate TDS deductions, and provide employees with Form 16 in time.
• Prepare (or verify reports prepared by others) the monthly, quarterly, annual and final expenditure vs budget reports of each project/cost centre.
• Prepare for periodic and annual statutory audit including preparing financial statements such as income and expenditure, receipts and payments, balance sheets, etc. required.
• Assist HoD/ Reporting Officer by preparing and maintaining all financial reports required for statutory submissions or by Management- e.g. FCRA, TDS, EPF, GST, Gratuity, Form 16, investments, receipts from donors, and monthly funds forecasts by project.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• A Master’s in Commerce with at least 4-5 year’s of experience of handling accounts, preferably of NGOs.
• Competent use of accounting package Tally ERP9 is a must
• Competent use of MS Office (MS-Word, Excel, Power Point)
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to email@example.com with their updated CV by or before 10 Feb. 2019