There is an urgent need to create mechanisms to empower widows in Yavatmal and Vidarbha, and give them the support they need to pick up the pieces of their lives and move forward. However, such initiatives are rare. One of the few such projects for the welfare of the helpless women is run by Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) and its sister organization Sampada Trust.
Applications are invited for the post of an ‘Accounts Officer’ for Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR).
WOTR is a globally recognized NGO dedicated to transforming the lives of millions across India in participatory watershed development and eco-systems restoration, adaptive sustainable agriculture, integrated and efficient water management, and climate change adaptation, with a special emphasis on vulnerable communities, farmers, and women. To know more about WOTR’s work, check out www.wotr.org
Position : Accounts Officer
Job Location : Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Accounts Officer is expected to review, compile and consolidate accounts prepared by various projects/cost centres into a single set of accounts, ensure that all accounts are transparent, honest, accurate, and maintained in accordance with WOTR’s accounting systems. She/He should provide timely feedback and guidance to projects to help them improve and complete their accounting on time.
Detailed Role and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and update the books of accounts by manual and computerized recording of all cash and bank transactions
• Maintain Bank Book
• Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement, identify and explain differences between balance as per books and bank statements
• Prepare monthly statement showing status of all outstanding advances and follow-up with employees/parties concerned to ensure that advances are settled in time.
• Maintain all financial documents (bills and vouchers, bank reconciliation statement, bank statement, monthly and quarterly project financial reports, salary sheets) in an orderly fashion & present for verification when required
• Make payments to service providers such as vehicle providers, air and rail booking agents in accordance with approvals
• Maintain petty cash including petty cash register and supporting documents
• Prepare monthly salary sheets based on approved consolidated time sheets; prepare cheques and bank transfer documents for review and approval
• Provide timely tax guidance to employees, obtain timely information to ensure appropriate TDS deductions, and provide employees with Form 16 in time.
• Prepare (or verify reports prepared by others) the monthly, quarterly, annual and final expenditure vs budget reports of each project/cost centre.
• Prepare for periodic and annual statutory audit including preparing financial statements such as income and expenditure, receipts and payments, balance sheets, etc. required.
• Assist HoD/Reporting Officer by preparing and maintaining all financial reports required for statutory submissions or by Management- e.g. FCRA, TDS, EPF, GST, Gratuity, Form 16, investments, receipts from donors, and monthly funds forecasts by project.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• A Master’s in Commerce with at least 4-5 year’s of experience of handling accounts, preferably of NGOs.
• Competent use of accounting package Tally ERP9 is a must
• Competent use of MS Office (MS-Word, Excel, Power Point)
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.