Please read our response to 'an article on Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyan (JSA)' is published in the 'Economic and Political Weekly/ issue (Vol. 54, Issue No. 29, 20 Jul, 2019) at the following link. In 2015, the Government of Maharashtra launched the JSA, with the aim of making 25,000 villages in Maharashtra drought-free.
WOTR is looking for a Consultant Writer for our Annual Report 2018-2019. He/she should be a development communications expert with good knowledge and understanding of rural development issues, government of India policies, international development agenda like SDGs, UNFCCC climate change targets and international frameworks. The consultant will receive support from WOTR staff to source data, images and related reports that would cover the period of 1st April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
Position: Consultant Writer for Annual Report
Experience required: 5 years
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Desired Qualifications: Degree in Development Studies, Public Policy, Public Relations, English Language or Literature, Communications, Journalism or Creative Writing with at least five (5) years’ experience of writing Annual Reports for non-profits. Design skills, knowledge of relevant softwares like Adobe Photoshop is preferable.
• Research, edit and write a 40-60 page text – including charts, photos, infographics and other visual aids as needed – for the Annual Report
• Interact with regional teams for any gap-filling data and coordination
• An important requirement of the Annual Report will be to focus on Outcomes and Impacts rather than just the activities that took place
• Case-studies could also be used to establish the validity of the outcomes
• Other frameworks that this could link to are India's own SDG Index, the UNCCD's LDN targets, etc.
• Work on design or coordinate with his/her sub-contracted graphic designer for complete layout and design of the report
• Appropriate visual elements, layout and design of the Annual report is also expected as part of the assignment.
• The consultant will work closely with the Head of Communications and the graphic designer selected to develop ideas for graphics and charts
• WOTR has a good collection of stock photos that can be used. Some additional visual elements like Infographics, artwork, collage, etc may be required
• Edit and proof-read content and deliver print-ready copy and good quality digital file for online circulation (preferably interactive PDF).
Payment: Negotiable. Quotations invited and would be screened based on estimated quality of work and time frame for delivery.
Interested candidates may kindly respond with their complete and updated CVs, 2 samples of their work and 2 references to email@example.com.
Last date for application: August 13, 2019
Timeline for work: 2 months (content) + 1 month (edit & design)