The article written by Eshwer Kale and Marcella D’Souza was published in the compendium ‘Water Conservation and Saving in Agriculture: Initiatives, Achievements and Challenges in Maharashtra’ by Water Resources Department (WRD) Government of Maharashtra.
Applications are invited for the post of a ‘Finance Manager’ for Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR).
Position : Finance Manager
Job Location : Ahmednagar
WOTR is a globally recognized NGO dedicated to transforming the lives of millions across India in participatory watershed development and eco-systems restoration, adaptive sustainable agriculture, integrated and efficient water management, and climate change adaptation, with a special emphasis on vulnerable communities, farmers, and women. To know more about WOTR’s work, check out www.wotr.org
Key Responsibilities :
1. Advisor to WOTR on all financial matters.
2. Management of ongoing budgeting, forecasting processes and responsible for maintaining the accounts
3. Supervise the maintenance of books of accounts i.e. Cash Book, Petty Cash, including recording of transactions
4. Assist in / and monitor Extension Centre accounts.
5. Responsible for recruitment, training and management of financial staff.
6. Supervision of project implementation muster roll sheets and payment records.
7 Responsible for disbursement of salaries, allowances and amounts for staff, project and office expenditures.
8. Responsible for Income-Tax, Professional Tax and Insurance payments and maintenance of records.
9. Responsible for maintaining, gratuity, Provident Fund and other benefit records.
10. Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of utility of funds and approved budgets.
11. Responsible for building up a corpus through proper planning, maintenance and investment so as to promote security and interest of the Organisation.
12. Responsible for finalization of accounts and submission of financial statements as and when required by the Management.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills :
· CA Inter / CA / ICWA with at least 1-2 years of experience in handling audit, cost accounts, accounts and finance. Also should have good working knowledge of prevailing tax and NGO laws.
· Competent use of accounting package Tally ERP9 is a must
· Proficiency in using the MS Office suite including MS Excel skills
· Proficiency in Finance and Accounting related work with a sound understanding of legal requirements including FCRA.
· Relevant expertise and ability to manage the Finance department independently with minimal support
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to email@example.com with their updated CV by or before 10 Feb. 2019