Watershed Organisation Trust is pleased to share an article written by our researcher, Anuradha Phadtare on ‘Adapting agriculture to climate change by local communities: Evidence from Dhule and Ahmednagar villages’ published in the ‘Maharashtra Economic Development Council (MEDC) Monthly Economic Digest, Vol. XLVI No. 12, November 2017.
WOTR’s team can undertake detailed studies using GIS and RS technologies:
1. Impact Assessment/ Evaluation of Watershed Projects
Individual plot level analyses of a watershed: assessment of landuse changes, soil properties, groundwater level and water spread area, common property resources, etc.
2. Periodic monitoring of Watershed projects during implementation:
- Soil properties for selected plots
- Crop changes of selected plots where major changes are expected
- Well mapping and seasonal water level monitoringÂ
- Common Property Resources / Plantation / Vegetatiion cover mapping
3. Crop Mapping and Monitoring
- Crop growth monitoring
- Farm-wise actual crop production
- Area under particular crop
- Fertilizers used for particular crop in a plot
- Season-wise crop variations
4. Mapping of Watershed projects for Detailed Project Reports /Feasibility Study Reports:
Generating various georeferenced maps, mandatory for the different project proposals with thematic maps of:
- Land Capability Classes
- Proposed Land Use
- Soil Depth
- Soil Texture
- Phasing for implementation, etc.
For details contact:
Ajay Shelke – email@example.com