A chapter titled 'Enabling Gendered Environment for Watershed Management' written by Dr. Eshwer Kale and Dipak Zade, has been published in a SAGE book 'Gender Issues in Water and Sanitation Programmes Lessons from India'.
WOTR’s team can undertake detailed studies using GIS and RS technologies:
1. Impact Assessment/ Evaluation of Watershed Projects
Individual plot level analyses of a watershed: assessment of landuse changes, soil properties, groundwater level and water spread area, common property resources, etc.
2. Periodic monitoring of Watershed projects during implementation:
- Soil properties for selected plots
- Crop changes of selected plots where major changes are expected
- Well mapping and seasonal water level monitoringÂ
- Common Property Resources / Plantation / Vegetatiion cover mapping
3. Crop Mapping and Monitoring
- Crop growth monitoring
- Farm-wise actual crop production
- Area under particular crop
- Fertilizers used for particular crop in a plot
- Season-wise crop variations
4. Mapping of Watershed projects for Detailed Project Reports /Feasibility Study Reports:
Generating various georeferenced maps, mandatory for the different project proposals with thematic maps of:
- Land Capability Classes
- Proposed Land Use
- Soil Depth
- Soil Texture
- Phasing for implementation, etc.
For details contact:
Ajay Shelke – email@example.com