There is an urgent need to create mechanisms to empower widows in Yavatmal and Vidarbha, and give them the support they need to pick up the pieces of their lives and move forward. However, such initiatives are rare. One of the few such projects for the welfare of the helpless women is run by Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) and its sister organization Sampada Trust.
Work experience : 0 - 3 Years
Job Location : Pune
Desired Qualifications : M.Sc. / M.A in any of the following fields: Social work, Sociology, Economics, Anthropology, Environmental Studies, Natural resource management, Development Studies, or other relevant fields.
Specialization with Essential criteria Required :
• Prior experience in social sector.
• Flair for interacting with rural communities.
• Proven ability to work successfully in a dynamic project Based environment
• Willingness to travel to different project locations.
• Interpersonal and team working skills
• Co-ordination of research field work
• Report writing skill especially for baseline and impact evaluation
• Developing tools for data collection (quantitative and qualitative)
• Well versed with MS office is essential.
• Knowledge of analytical software (e.g. SPSS, R etc.) will be an added advantage
• Good communication skills in English must
• Knowledge of local language (Marathi & Hindi)
Job Description :
• Use an appropriate and creative methodology to design and manage a research project, which may involve the use of quantitative and/or qualitative methods and may include both pilot and development work;
• Design questionnaires;
• Apply a range of research techniques to gather relevant information,including document analysis, surveys, case studies and interviews.
• Undertake research on various developmental aspects including natural resource management and natural resource based livelihoods in the context of climate change.
• Publish research outputs in reputed peer reviewed journals; generate quality research reports, research briefs and policy briefs.
• Design and conduct research including but not limited to: field experiments, scoping reports, systematic reviews and other synthesis products, database development, concept and methods papers and impact evaluations.
• Involvement in writing project proposals, coordinate and follow up with stakeholders etc.
• Conduct trainings and capacity building events.
• Any other task as assigned by the management.
Last Date of Submission 15th March 2019 .
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with their updated CV