There is an urgent need to create mechanisms to empower widows in Yavatmal and Vidarbha, and give them the support they need to pick up the pieces of their lives and move forward. However, such initiatives are rare. One of the few such projects for the welfare of the helpless women is run by Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) and its sister organization Sampada Trust.
Experience Required :0 - 3 Years
Job Location : Pune
Desired Qualifications : M.Sc. & Ph.D. (Remote Sensing/ Geoinformatics/ Geography).
Specialization with Essential criteria Required :
•Handling multi-sensor RS data and Image processing software including ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, GRASS, and GIS software ArcGIS, QGIS and other open source tools.
• Proven track record of research Publications
• Good experience in GIS modeling studies is a plus.
• Well versed with MS office is essential.
• Good communication skills in English must
• Knowledge of local language (Marathi & Hindi)
Job Description :
• Field visits to project implementation areas.
• Willing to travel multiple states of the country
• Assist RS/GIS team in creation of spatial database for various projects digitizing, conversion of spatial data in other formats, etc.
• Experience in Land use land cover mapping and handling of various Remote sensing dataset like Landsat, IRS LISS sensors.
• Good field data collection experience and ready to conduct field study and GPS data collection as and when required.
• Good working knowledge in watershed delineation, hydrological mapping, impact assessment of watershed projects etc
• Should be a team-player and ready to support other team’s spatial data requirements in the organisation.
• Should strictly meet the project deadlines.
• Evident experience in writing detailed project reports and communication skills are important (You are expected to share your sample study reports along with your CV)
• Prepare presentations and reports, produce written outputs of the implementation work and research outcomes
• Support the conduct of trainings & development of manuals.
• Perform any other team responsibilities / duties as assigned from time to time
• Should have Interest in applied research studies
Last Date of Submission 15th March 2019 .
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to email@example.com with their updated CV