A chapter titled 'Enabling Gendered Environment for Watershed Management' written by Dr. Eshwer Kale and Dipak Zade, has been published in a SAGE book 'Gender Issues in Water and Sanitation Programmes Lessons from India'.
Experience Required :0 - 3 Years
Job Location : Pune
Desired Qualifications : M.Sc. & Ph.D. (Remote Sensing/ Geoinformatics/ Geography).
Specialization with Essential criteria Required :
•Handling multi-sensor RS data and Image processing software including ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, GRASS, and GIS software ArcGIS, QGIS and other open source tools.
• Proven track record of research Publications
• Good experience in GIS modeling studies is a plus.
• Well versed with MS office is essential.
• Good communication skills in English must
• Knowledge of local language (Marathi & Hindi)
Job Description :
• Field visits to project implementation areas.
• Willing to travel multiple states of the country
• Assist RS/GIS team in creation of spatial database for various projects digitizing, conversion of spatial data in other formats, etc.
• Experience in Land use land cover mapping and handling of various Remote sensing dataset like Landsat, IRS LISS sensors.
• Good field data collection experience and ready to conduct field study and GPS data collection as and when required.
• Good working knowledge in watershed delineation, hydrological mapping, impact assessment of watershed projects etc
• Should be a team-player and ready to support other team’s spatial data requirements in the organisation.
• Should strictly meet the project deadlines.
• Evident experience in writing detailed project reports and communication skills are important (You are expected to share your sample study reports along with your CV)
• Prepare presentations and reports, produce written outputs of the implementation work and research outcomes
• Support the conduct of trainings & development of manuals.
• Perform any other team responsibilities / duties as assigned from time to time
• Should have Interest in applied research studies
Last Date of Submission 15th March 2019 .
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to email@example.com with their updated CV