Please read our response to 'an article on Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyan (JSA)' is published in the 'Economic and Political Weekly/ issue (Vol. 54, Issue No. 29, 20 Jul, 2019) at the following link. In 2015, the Government of Maharashtra launched the JSA, with the aim of making 25,000 villages in Maharashtra drought-free.
Job Location: Pune
At Watershed Organisation Trust (https://wotr.org/) we are building mobile first, technology assisted solutions at the intersection of multiple domains including but not limited to Agriculture, Water Management, Climate Change Adaptation, Health, Nutrition, and Sanitation among others with a special emphasis on vulnerable communities, farmers, and women.
In this role, you will work with cross functional teams of Agriculture Engineers, Remote Sensing Experts, Implementation project managers, Software Engineers, and the most important of all, our farmers, to build a state-of-the-art mobile first solution for Precision Farming and Water Management.
You will be a part of the team that translates ideas into concrete products through your problem solving and coding expertise. The task is especially challenging because you have to code for users in remote areas where there is little or no mobile connectivity. The solution that you develop has to work seamlessly in both online and offline environments at scale across multiple states, multiple languages in the country.
If you are curious to learn and put your creative problem solving hat to solve big tech problems at scale, please apply.
● Develop software solutions in Agriculture, Economics, Healthcare and Water conservation domain
● Translate business requirements to technical specifications to mobile friendly code.
● Code and document as per industry standards and processes.
● Review code from other developers and outsourced projects; make sure it meets required standards.
● Communicate with clients and troubleshoot issues of users.
● Collaborate with product, business and program management team and establish processes and best practices.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
● Understands fundamental programming principles & patterns
● Excellent software architecture, implementation, and problem solving skills
● Knowledge of cloud services and deployment on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
● Strong communication skills - both oral and written - English and Hindi must, Marathi - desirable
Experience Required: Jr. (2 years), Sr. (4 years)
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with their updated CV