Watershed Organisation Trust is pleased to share a case study of 'Sattechiwadi' included as one of the best practices published in the Ministry of Environment and Forest, GOI National Report 2012 submitted to UNCCD. It gives an account of the activities implemented in Sattechiwadi (a hamlet of Hivargaon) Maharashtra and how specific land degradation problems were addressed.
Position:Officer, Women Empowerment division’
Job Location: Pune
Applications are invited for the post of ‘Officer, Women Empowerment division’ of Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR). S/he will be based in Pune and will require to travel frequently to rural project sites.
- Will work in coordination with the projects-in-charge for the execution of ongoing work.
- Will be engaged in training of field staff and of rural communities; monitoring and evaluation.
- Will be required to do data management and analysis of the women’s empowerment and related work; assessments and impact studies;
- Preparation of project proposals.
- Report writing
Desired Skills and Educational Qualification
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English and Hindi. Knowledge of Marathi will be an additional advantage.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams; a good understanding of working in rural setting.
- Quick problem solving skills.
- Masters in any Social Sciences/Environmental Science/Climate Science
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in women’s empowerment and project management or work in the rural development sector
Salary commensurate with experience and performance
Ø Interested candidates whose profiles match the above requirements may send their CVs along with 2 references with current and expected CTC by email to email@example.com
Ø Please mention your name, position name, and relevant years of experience in the subject line of the email.