Please read our response to 'an article on Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyan (JSA)' is published in the 'Economic and Political Weekly/ issue (Vol. 54, Issue No. 29, 20 Jul, 2019) at the following link. In 2015, the Government of Maharashtra launched the JSA, with the aim of making 25,000 villages in Maharashtra drought-free.
Job Location: Pune
At Watershed Organisation Trust (https://wotr.org/) we are building technology assisted solutions at the intersection of multiple domains such as Agriculture, Water management, climate change adaptation, and Health Nutrition and Sanitation with a special emphasis on vulnerable communities, farmers, and women.
In this role, you will work with cross functional teams including Agriculture Engineers, Remote Sensing Experts, Implementation project managers, and Software Engineers among others to build state of the art tech enabled solutions for Precision Farming and Water Management. The task is especially challenging because the target customers are small and marginal farmers living in remote areas with little or no mobile connectivity.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, curiosity to know and an urgency to solve deeply entrenched multi-disciplinary problems with empathy for the often neglected but a significant populace, please apply.
● Ideate with key stakeholders, do market research and translate business goals to product roadmap
● Define product release process and coordinate all the processes required to bring the product to market
● Interview and understand customer needs, problems and experiences, document and report insights
● Coordinate with other teams/ stakeholders to deliver the product in a continuously evolving environment.
● Identify and track key success metrics for all the products. Generate strategies to improve usage and take it to scale.
● Prioritize features against what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives
● Define requirements of the features and desired user experiences
● Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; review production costs; suggest ideas to make product self-sustainable.
● Anticipate possible issues in the future when the product is deployed to scale and take preventative steps to keep it always up.
● Prepare product impact reports and present it to funders at regular intervals.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent, practical experience needed.
● 4 years of end-to-end product management or product design experience with software / web technologies.
● Experience as a Product manager/owner in one of the business domains in Agriculture, Economics, Healthcare and/or Water conservation
● Understanding of user experience (UX) and business/commercial issues.
● Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with their updated CV