The article written by Eshwer Kale and Marcella D’Souza was published in the compendium ‘Water Conservation and Saving in Agriculture: Initiatives, Achievements and Challenges in Maharashtra’ by Water Resources Department (WRD) Government of Maharashtra.
Designation: Researcher and Documentation Expert
Location :Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
The position of “Researcher and Documentation Expert” in Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR), Jabalpur provides a unique opportunity to work on wide range of development issues including climate change, forest management, agriculture and watershed development. The selected candidate would be based in Jabalpur and would be expected to provide support and inputs to different project teams located across the state.
The candidate would be frequently required to travel to project locations for the purpose of providing support and inputs to the field team and to carry out research studies etc.
Scope of Work:
• Project based report writing (quarterly an annual) and documentation
• Co-ordination of research work
• Conducting research work including field work and preliminary analysis (e.g. surveys, face-to-face/telephone interviews, focus group discussion, preparation of questionnaire, tabulation, data feeding, etc.)
• Documentation of case studies, success stories etc.
• Report related any tasks (tables and graphs generation, analysis of data and report preparation )
• Translation from Hindi to English and vice versa
• Any other task assigned by the organisation.
• Apply a range of research techniques to gather relevant information from field sites, including document analysis, surveys, case studies and interviews.
• Provide research inputs to the on-going initiatives and take lead in upcoming social and economic studies
• Assist in statistical analysis and database management/creation with respect to agriculture, meteorology, socio-economic data through appropriate statistical tools
• Involvement in writing project proposals, coordinate and follow-up with stakeholders etc.
• Involvement and Research support in WOTR studies as and when required for preparation of draft reports, articles, blogs, papers etc.
A minimum of three-four years of experience in development sector especially with rural development background is must. However, candidates with exceptional proven writing ability with less experience could also be considered.
Candidates should have a post-graduation or Master’s degree or diploma in communication, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management etc. or related theme. Understanding of statistical tools would be an added advantage. Good knowledge of MS office is must.
Salary: Negotiable with experience, qualifications.
Interested person may kindly respond with their complete CV on email at email@example.com
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 31 Jan 2019