There is an urgent need to create mechanisms to empower widows in Yavatmal and Vidarbha, and give them the support they need to pick up the pieces of their lives and move forward. However, such initiatives are rare. One of the few such projects for the welfare of the helpless women is run by Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) and its sister organization Sampada Trust.
M.Sc./M.Tech. degree in Soil Science, Water Science, and Technology, Agricultural Engineering (with specialization in Land and Water Management), Computer Application, Environmental Science, Agronomy or any agriculture and environment related field
Ph.D. in any of the above-related fields OR M.Sc /M.Tech with minimum 5 years’ experience in research related to Soil and Water Conservation.
- Training and/or experience in some social dimensions. Evidence of interdisciplinary, applied systems analysis desirable
- Track record of publishing peer-reviewed articles
- Capacity to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership skills and a proven networker
- Excellent communications skills including verbal, written English and presentation skills
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods of SWC research, including required statistical modeling/analysis
- Collect, manage and summarize data across scales from on-farm field trials/observations
- Ability to design studies, collect and analyze data on research and implementation projects in undertaking
- Ability to synthesis and publish research results in peer reviewed journals, working papers, policy briefs, and info notes, including translating these into non-scientific language for a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of working with farmers, farmer groups and extension services would be an advantage
- Carry out any additional activities requested by project/team Leaders
Job location: Pune and will be required to travel to project areas in the country.
Salary: Negotiable with experience, qualifications.
Interested person may kindly respond with their complete CV on email :- email@example.com
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 20th January 2019