A chapter titled 'Enabling Gendered Environment for Watershed Management' written by Dr. Eshwer Kale and Dipak Zade, has been published in a SAGE book 'Gender Issues in Water and Sanitation Programmes Lessons from India'.
Experience Required : 4 - 7 Years
Job Location : Pune
Desired Qualifications : M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Specialization with Essential criteria Required :
•Agricultural related specialization (PreferablySoil Science, Agronomy, Agrometeorology, Entomology) with prior experience in development sector with knowledge of crop modelling tools is preferable. Well versed with MS office is essential.
• Good communication skills in English must.
• Knowledge of local language (Marathi & Hindi).
Job Description :
• Provide overall thematic leadership and guidance on agriculture and allied activities to different project teams
• Field visits to project implementation areas
• Involve and assist in implementation of agriculture related projects and monitoring of the same
• Providing active technical support to various agriculture and allied activities and responding to queries of the farmers/ project team being undertaken in different districts
• Assist in preparation of weather based advisories and POPs (Package of Practices) for different crops
• Assist in data collection and analysis of various agricultural Interventions studies
• Liaison with government functionaries, government departments,Universities and KVKs
• Technical support and guidance to staff, identified farmers, SHG groups, village development committees as and when required on production systems, crop insurance, crop advisory, micro-irrigation, animal husbandry and organic cultivation
• Preparation of crop calendar for all crops grown in the project villages covering all the season i.e. Kharif, Rabi and Zaid
• Support the conduct of trainings & development manuals
• Prepare presentations and reports, produce written outputs of the implementation work and research outcomes
• Document the best practices and maintaining data base
• Contribute to the research on agriculture component
• Perform any other team responsibilities / duties as assigned from time to time
Last Date of Submission 15th March 2019 .
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to email@example.com with their updated CV