We are happy to share an Q&A session with Aradhana Yaduvanshi, researcher with WOTR. Here, Dr. Aradhana Yaduvanshi talks about the opportunity to work with Prof. Mark New and Dr. Modathir Zaroug at the African Climate Development Initiative (ACDI).
Experience Required : 4 - 7 Years
Job Location : Pune
Desired Qualifications : M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Specialization with Essential criteria Required :
•Agricultural related specialization (PreferablySoil Science, Agronomy, Agrometeorology, Entomology) with prior experience in development sector with knowledge of crop modelling tools is preferable. Well versed with MS office is essential.
• Good communication skills in English must.
• Knowledge of local language (Marathi & Hindi).
Job Description :
• Provide overall thematic leadership and guidance on agriculture and allied activities to different project teams
• Field visits to project implementation areas
• Involve and assist in implementation of agriculture related projects and monitoring of the same
• Providing active technical support to various agriculture and allied activities and responding to queries of the farmers/ project team being undertaken in different districts
• Assist in preparation of weather based advisories and POPs (Package of Practices) for different crops
• Assist in data collection and analysis of various agricultural Interventions studies
• Liaison with government functionaries, government departments,Universities and KVKs
• Technical support and guidance to staff, identified farmers, SHG groups, village development committees as and when required on production systems, crop insurance, crop advisory, micro-irrigation, animal husbandry and organic cultivation
• Preparation of crop calendar for all crops grown in the project villages covering all the season i.e. Kharif, Rabi and Zaid
• Support the conduct of trainings & development manuals
• Prepare presentations and reports, produce written outputs of the implementation work and research outcomes
• Document the best practices and maintaining data base
• Contribute to the research on agriculture component
• Perform any other team responsibilities / duties as assigned from time to time
Last Date of Submission 15th March 2019 .
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with their updated CV