There is an urgent need to create mechanisms to empower widows in Yavatmal and Vidarbha, and give them the support they need to pick up the pieces of their lives and move forward. However, such initiatives are rare. One of the few such projects for the welfare of the helpless women is run by Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) and its sister organization Sampada Trust.
Experience Required : 7 - 10 Years
Job Location : Pune
Desired Qualifications :Ph.D. in Economics or any other Social Sciences with Masters in Economics/Environmental, Economics/Quantitative ,Economics or an Economics Major with focus on other Social Sciences;
Specialization with Essential criteria Required :
• Experience in leading research studies and conducting independent research.
• Adept at both quantitative and qualitative research.
• Demonstrable knowledge in inter-disciplinary research and impact assessments
• Familiarity with issues in the Climate Change, Policy, Natural Resourse Management and Agriculture Sector.
• Ability to guide researcher in these fields
• Experience of leading team(s) during projects
• Field experience of working in the rural context
• Willingness to travel to different project locations.
• Interpersonal and team working skills
• Co-ordination of research and field work
• Well versed with MS office.
• Good communication skills in English.
• Knowledge of local language (Marathi & Hindi) is an added advantage.
Job Description :
• Helping benchmark Sampling and Research Methodology Strategies.
• Conducting Inter-disciplinary Research in various states of India.
• Deliver Research Publications as a part of various ongoing and Upcoming projects.
• Support field and research teams in delivering project outputs for Consultancies.
• Support in creating a repository of evidence-based/demonstrable tools/games/models to help create impacts at a community level and with multiple stakeholders.
• Guide and Support ongoing and upcoming Research and Consultancy Projects.
• Travel to field locations to study and understand the operating context
• Develop Proposals and Concepts for new research/expanding existing or ongoing studies.
Last Date of Submission 15th March 2019 .
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with their updated CV