There is an urgent need to create mechanisms to empower widows in Yavatmal and Vidarbha, and give them the support they need to pick up the pieces of their lives and move forward. However, such initiatives are rare. One of the few such projects for the welfare of the helpless women is run by Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) and its sister organization Sampada Trust.
Experience Required :5-7 years
Job Location : Pune
Qualifications : PhD or Master's in Geology/hydrology/water resources' management
Desired Qualifications : Prior work experience in Watershed/rural development sector will be preferred
Specialization with Essential criteria Required :
• Able to coordinate field as well as research team and establish link between teams for data management and execution of project
• Well versed with instruments handling (tracer, GPS, Geophysical survey machine, etc.)
• Should be able to monitor and evaluate hydrological characteristics
• Ability to estimate the quality and performance of watershed structures will be added advantage
• Should have knowledge of latest various geo-exploration methods
• Must have knowledge of basics of MS-Office for large data handling and analysis
• Knowledge of Local/regional language and Hindi will be additional advantage
Job Description :
• Draw integrated drought resilience plan and execute at block-level regions incorporating watershed development activities, smart agriculture practices and water stewardship programs
• Involvement in writing project proposals & budget, coordinate and follow-up with funders/donors, etc.
• Liaison with government functionaries and departments, non-governmental organizations, Universities and institutes
• Work in interdisciplinary manner to address cross-cutting issues
• Identify indicators to run and implement program successfully on ground
• Monitor and scale up/replicate programs on regional scale in different geographies
• Design tools required to disseminate information amongst stakeholders, to document, and execute the project activities and undertake trainings/workshops and to develop training modules
• Assist in statistical analysis and database management/creation with respect to water resources, meteorology, socio-economic data through appropriate statistical tools
• Establish link between climate projections and drought/drought-like conditions and accordingly anticipate drought action plan
• Structure locale specific water governance plan/institution and policies
• Technical support and guidance to staff, identified farmers, SHG groups, village development committees as and when required on watershed development activities, water conservation techniques, demand-supply side management, etc.
• Study the relationship between water resources, agriculture and LULC patterns by using hydrological models.
• Synthesis and publish research results in peer reviewed journals, working papers, policy briefs, and info notes, including translating these into non-scientific language for a wide range of stakeholders
Last Date of Submission 15th April 2019 .
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to email@example.com with their updated CV