Please read our response to 'an article on Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyan (JSA)' is published in the 'Economic and Political Weekly/ issue (Vol. 54, Issue No. 29, 20 Jul, 2019) at the following link. In 2015, the Government of Maharashtra launched the JSA, with the aim of making 25,000 villages in Maharashtra drought-free.
Job Location: Pune
At Watershed Organisation Trust (https://wotr.org/) we are building mobile first, technology assisted solutions at the intersection of multiple domains including but not limited to Agriculture, Water Management, Climate Change Adaptation, Health, Nutrition, and Sanitation among others with a special emphasis on vulnerable communities, farmers, and women.
In this role, you will work with cross functional teams including Agriculture Engineers, Remote Sensing Experts, Implementation project managers, Software Engineers, and the most important of all, our farmers, to build state-of-the-art tech enabled solutions for Precision Farming and Water Management.
You will interview key stakeholders in farming business in multiple states of the country, document the solutions to build and design user experiences and interfaces (wireframes). The task is especially challenging because the target customers are small and marginal farmers living in remote areas with little or no mobile connectivity or tech savviness.
If you are curious to learn about rural communities, their problems and put your creative mind to meet the needs, please apply.
● Travel frequently to rural areas and engage with customers across multiple states.
● Interview and understand customer problems and experiences, document and report user experience insights
● Develop wireframes, get feedback from the stakeholders and iterate through the design lifecycle process
● Identify and track key usage metrics of the product and iterate over designs
● Translate business goals to meet customer expectations through creative product design
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
● Product design (mobile applications) education at postgraduate level from a reputed design college or an equivalent practical experience.
● Experience of UI/UX design in one of the business domains of Agriculture, Economics, Healthcare and/or Water conservation is desirable.
● Speaking ability at least in English, Hindi and Marathi. Other languages desirable.
Salary: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Eligible candidates interested are requested to urgently apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with their updated CV