We are happy to share an article published in the latest issue of ‘punkt.um’ the Magazine of Andheri Hilfe. This article ‘Schwerpunkt: Selbstständigkeit sichern – und das Überleben in der Heimat’ in German by Elvira Greiner of Andheri Hilfe, describes the change she has witnessed in the lives of people.
Climate Change Adaptation
The Climate Change Adaptation project is being implemented in 72 villages of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh covering an area of 44,772 ha (447 sq.kms), directly benefitting 71,541 people.
Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) Project
Besides watershed development, WOTR is introducing new elements such as agro-meteorology for tracking weather patterns at the village level leading to generation of advisories to farmers on what steps to take in emergency conditions. This is also linked to water budgeting, crop planning, adaptive and sustainable agronomic practices and irrigation management. Added to this, WOTR integrates biodiversity concerns in all its activities and encourages alternate energy to meet some of rural energy requirements. Overlaying these initiatives is a native focus on securing sustainable livelihood opportunities together with market linkages for people in these areas. Advanced project management and GIS-based systems are also being deployed so as to track progress, capture results and identify impacts.
The intervention seeks to develop the knowledge, strategies, approaches, measures and processes that enable vulnerable communities to cope with and adapt to the impending impacts of Climate Change in a manner which can be widely adoptable, replicable and scalable.
The objective is to improve the adaptive capacities of rural communities to respond to the effects of emerging climate changes by regenerating the eco-systems they live in, diversifying livelihood sources in order to reduce risks, and adopting new agricultural and renewable energy technologies.
Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) Brochure
- Assessing Vulnerability to Climate Change for Development Planning
- Planning for Climate Adaptive Robust Livelihoods (with Sustainability in focus)
- Understanding Adaptation to Climate Change
Please contact us at email@example.com for hard copies of the books.
- Parabolic Community Solar Cookers – for Mid-day Meal Scheme in Rural Schools
- The Hot Water Chullah : Findings from an assessment
- Biodiversity and Climate Change Adaptation – a Position Paper
- What are we in for? – Rural dynamics in the context of Climate Change a look at Ahmednagar district
- Gender Dimensions of Climate Change Adaptation
- The Carbon Climax: End of HydroCarbon Legacy
- Household Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Two Rural Maharashtrian Villages
- Climate Change Adaptation In Rural India: A Green Infrastructure Approach
- Participatory 3D Modeling (P3DM) for Climate Change Adaptation in India – Experience, Guiding Principles, Future Opportunities
- Analysing challenges in Agricultural Production System: A case study of Darewadi village
- Dr. C. Suvarna @ WOTR Colloquium – 2012
- Prof. Madhav Gadgil @ WOTR Colloquium – 2012
- Anand Patwardhan @ WOTR Colloquium – 2012
- Vandana Chavan @ WOTR Colloquium – 2012
- System of Crop Intensification (SCI)
- Weathering Climate Change
- Diversifying for Resilience
- Creating a Climate for Change
- Dipping Point: A Cold Day in February
- Andharatun Prakashakade – Going towards Light
- Amchaya Shaletil Chul – Our School’s Cooker
- Climate Change: Challenges
- Climate Change: Solutions
- Does it ever rain at this time?
- Adaptive Sustainable Agriculture – SRI
- Nisarga Utsav – A Biodiversity Festival @ Shiswad
- Sounds of Shiswad
- Birds of Akole
- Imagine a World like this…
- The Battle for Water
- A Pageant
WOTR is supported and partnered in these efforts by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).